Andrew J. Lawrence
Andrew J. Lawrence primarily focuses on litigation, real estate, trusts & estates and corporate matters and serves as corporate counsel to several small and mid-sized businesses. He's successfully represented individuals and businesses in state and federal court in resolving commercial disputes as well as family and estate matters.
Mr. Lawrence received his law degree from Georgetown University and graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in economics. He is admitted to practice in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Massachusetts. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Before entering private practice, he clerked for the Honorable James F. Merow at the United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Obtained judgment on all counts for defendant broker following multi-day trial on claims of investment fraud.
- Achieved favorable settlement for U.S. defense contractor asserting breach of contract claims arising from international joint venture.
- Attained swift dismissal of breach of partnership and unjust enrichment claims filed in federal court.
- Managed electronic discovery for plaintiffs in a successfully settled antitrust dispute between large health care organizations.
- Obtained substantial judgment for fraud and breach of contract against property management company.
- Successfully defended start-up against copyright infringement claim.
- Represented developer in lawsuit to quiet title to achieve successful sale of property.